Pick 4 is a popular Maryland Lottery draw game that offers a top prize of $5,000. With draws held twice daily and a variety of bet types to choose from, you’ve got more ways to win.
Pick 4 has two draws per day, seven days a week. The Midday draw takes place at 12:27 pm ET from Monday through Friday, and at 12:28 pm on Saturday and Sunday. The Evening draw is held at 7:56 pm Monday-Saturday and 8:22 pm on Sunday.
How to Play
Choose four digits from 0 through 9 (for example, 1234 or 1112). Each of the five panels on the playslip is one play, so you can play up to five times per playslip, with the same or different numbers. Using a pencil or pen with black or blue ink, make a heavy vertical line through each digit you’ve chosen. If you make a mistake, mark the panel’s “Void” box. Repeat for each panel you want to play. You can also have the lottery terminal randomly select your numbers by marking “Quick Pick.”
There are different bet types available, including Straight, Box, Straight/Box, or Combination (Combo). The next section has more information on each of these options.
Choose a wager amount for each play; you can select 50Вў or $1.00 for all bet types except the following:
- Combo Wager: 25Вў, 50Вў or $1.00 per play. A Combo wager is the same as 4, 5, 12, or 24 Straight wagers.
- Straight/Box Bets: You must mark the 50Вў wager on the playslip. Your total ticket cost will be $1.00 (50Вў each for Straight and Box).
The total ticket cost is determined by the amount you’ve bet on each play, how many panels you’re playing, and the number of draws you’ve selected.
If you’d like to play your favorite numbers for up to seven consecutive draws, mark the “Number of Draws” on the playslip and whether you want to enter Midday, Evening, or Both. You’ll receive one ticket no matter how many draws you play.
It’s easy to play your numbers in future draws (not the day of the purchase) with Advance Play. Mark the day to start playing and the “Number of Draws” you want to take part in, which can be up to six days from the date of purchase. Mark the draw times you want: Midday, Evening, or Both. Note: if you win a prize before all your draws have taken place, you will receive an exchange ticket for the remaining draws.
Pick 4 has multiple bet types you can play, so here’s a quick rundown to get up to speed.
Win if your number is an exact match for the winning number drawn, with the digits in the same order. You may play any numbers. For example, if your number is 1234, you will win if the number drawn is 1234, with its digits in that order.
Combo is the same as four, six, 12, or 24 Straight bets, and the cost is four, six, 12 or 24 times your wager amount. The number you choose determines which type of Combo you are playing.
- 4-way Combo: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112. Equals four Straight bets.
- 6-way Combo: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122. Equals six Straight bets.
- 12-way Combo: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123. Equals 12 Straight bets.
- 24-way Combo: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234. Equals 24 Straight bets.
Win by matching the number drawn in any order. For example, if your number is 1112, you can win if the number drawn is 1112, 1121, 1211, or 2111.
- 4-way Box: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112.
- 6-way Box: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122.
- 12-way Box: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123.
- 24-way Box: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234.
Straight / Box
This bet type combines a 50Вў Straight play and a 50Вў Box play on the same ticket. The ticket cost is $1.00.
- 4-way: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 6-way: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 12-way: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 24-way: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234. Two bets, Straight and Box.
Pick 4 Prizes and Odds of Winning
Check the table below for the prize amounts each bet type can win, depending on your wager, and the odds of winning. There are also examples to clarify each bet type: “Example Pick” is a number you could choose, and “Example Winning Numbers” shows the winning combinations for that number.
Information on Pick 4 from the Maryland Lottery – how to play, bet types, drawing schedule, prizes and odds for this exciting MD game offering a $5,000 top prize and draws twice a day.
Maryland Lottery Introduces New Ravens-themed Scratch-offs
(Baltimore) вЂ“ Although the 2020 football season may look a little different than past years, the Maryland Lottery and the Baltimore Ravens are teammates for the 12th consecutive year, and are once again partnering on the popular Ravens-themed scratch-offs. The two organizations have collaborated to introduce $2 and $5 Ravens scratch-off tickets. In addition, the fan-favorite second-chance promotion returns.
The $5 Ravens ticket features seven top prizes of $100,000, while the $2 ticket has seven top prizes of $20,000. Both games hit shelves today at Lottery retail locations across the state.
“We know our players look forward to football season and our Ravens tickets every year вЂ“ this year maybe even more than in the past,” said Maryland Lottery and Gaming Director Gordon Medenica. “Marylanders are excited about the team and about seeing live sports again.”В
Although the second-chance promotion offers the same prizes as last year’s contest, there are a few changes. Any prize that includes tickets to a Ravens game will be awarded for the 2021 season. The “Travel with the Team” prize will also take place next year, with the location to be determined.
To enter the second-chance promotion, players can submit non-winning Ravens scratch-offs into their My Lottery Rewards accounts, and then choose which prize drawings they would like to enter. Each non-winning $2 ticket offers two entries, while each non-winning $5 ticket will give players five second-chance entries. Here are the promotion details:
- Six grand prize finalists will each win $10,000, and one of those six will win season tickets for 20 years.
- Six additional winners will each receive $10,000.
- Two winners will travel with the team to see a Ravens away game during the 2021 season.
- Two winners will each receive club-level and one winner will receive lower-level season tickets for 2021 Ravens home games, plus a $500 shopping spree in the team store.
- Ten winners will each receive season tickets for 2021 Ravens home games, plus $250 in Ravens Bucks, which can be used for food and merchandise purchases at the stadium on game days.
- Ten winners will be selected to each win $5,000 cash and to participate in the Ravens Pass for Cash On-field Experience during the 2021 season.
“We appreciate the continued support of the Maryland Lottery,” Ravens President Dick Cass stated.В “For the 12thВ straight year, our fans will have the opportunity to win exciting Ravens prizes by playing these unique scratch-off tickets.”
Second-chance promotion offers nearly $500,000 in cash and experiential prizes