The California State Lottery operates nine District Offices across the state. When you visit any of them, you can get help filing your claim for prizes of $600 or more. Remember to sign the back of your ticket, then bring it to any of our locations listed below Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on state holiday.
Effective December 31, 2020, Lottery District Offices are temporarily closed to the public following the California Regional Stay at Home order issued on December 3, 2020.
Prizes up to $599 can be claimed at a California Lottery retailer. For prizes $600 and above, winners can claim their prize via mail. For complete instructions on how to claim a prize by mail, please visit the Claim A Prize page. Please note the processing time for claims may be delayed due to necessary observance of social distancing guidelines and procedures.
The California Lottery has nine District Offices that can help you file your claim for prizes of $600 or more. Find one near you. Visit Mon – Fri from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
DISTRICT OFFICES NOW OPEN FOR CLAIM DROP-OFF ONLY
California Lottery District Offices are now open to the public for the secure acceptance of claims.
We are only accepting completed claim forms for drop-off. No in-person services will be available. We encourage players to continue to claim prizes by mail due to potentially high demand. More information on claiming your prize and all necessary forms are on our Claim a Prize page. Please be patient with any service delays.
View District Office locations here. Lottery Headquarters remains temporarily closed.
What we’re doing to ensure health and safety
The California Lottery is taking extended measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees, players, retailers and the general public. We have adjusted our District Office operations, including:
- District Offices are open for secure claim drop-off only.
- We are operating under social distancing guidelines, ensuring that interaction between team members, players and the general public can happen at the recommended distance. Each District Office has implemented social distancing to ensure everyone’s safety.
- District Office employees have been issued personal protective equipment (PPE). All visitors to District Offices are required to wear a clean face covering and maintain a 6 feet distance from others. Floor markers have been installed and face covering use will be monitored.
- Lobby access is limited to one visitor at a time unless assistance, such as language translation, is required. Plexiglass barriers are installed at lobby counters to protect customers and team members.
- In addition to modifications to limit lobby traffic and observe social distancing guidelines, we have enhanced daily cleanliness and sanitation protocols across all District Offices.
Plan your drop-off visit
Procedures have been implemented at all District Offices to maximize health and safety for everyone. Plan your visit to Lottery District Offices by following the guidelines below.
- Please stay home if you are sick. For the health and safety of others, do not visit if you have a current or recent diagnosis of COVID-19, if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with someone with covid-19 in the last 14 days. your actions save lives – for more information on covid-19 please visit covid19.ca.gov .
- Sign your winning ticket ahead of time and complete your claim form prior to arrival – download it here (pdf) or ask your local retailer. Watch this short video to ensure you complete your claim form correctly.
- Make a copy of the claim form and front and back of your winning ticket for your records.
- Place your claim and associated ticket in a sealed envelope and bring it with you. No postage is needed when dropping off your claim.
- Follow district office safety requirements:
Wear a clean cloth face covering.
- Maintain six feet of physical distancing with others.
- Adhere to all applicable state and local health orders.
- Use hand sanitizer to keep your hands clean and avoid touching your face or face covering.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, your upper sleeve, or elbow. if a tissue is used, throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
You can still claim your prize by mail
As an alternative to visiting the district offices, winners can still claim their prize via mail. If you have a winning ticket, immediately sign the back of the ticket and take a picture of both the front and back of the ticket. detailed instructions on how to claim a prize and all necessary forms are provided on our claim a prize page. Please note the processing time for claims may be delayed due to necessary observance of social distancing guidelines and procedures. Winners have 180 days to make a claim on a winning ticket.
These guidelines are subject to change. Check back frequently for updates.
Last updated: January 29, 2021
California Lottery updates related to the COVID-19 virus and the re-opening of District Offices.